Friday, February 25, 2011

Egg Retrieval Day, 2-25-11

Today was filled with a lot of mixed feelings.  I can't get over the fact that we are here again.  I guess it kinda hit me this week.  We got off to such a SLOW start while I was stimulating, then to I was ready for retrieval.  I went in to day @ 9:00, we started about 9:30.  I did get a chance to talk with my doctor before hand which made me a little more relaxed.  After I came out of the anesthesia I had right much nausea and a little pain. After I got settled and a little more aware they told me they retrieved 38 eggs today.  All I could say was thank you Jesus!!!!  I was a little scared about how many I would have since we had such a slow start.  Now I just pray that at least half of them are of the correct size. Last cycle we got 28 and 17 were of the correct size.  I can't wait to hear from the embryologist tmr and see how everything went.  I am sure it will be another night of no sleep.  But for good reason!!!  Mike was such a sport today.  He really stepped up and was so good.  He seems more excited this cycle.  I know he will be such a great father for sure.  He also let me play princess today.  That was FUN!!  He really thinks this is our time - so sweet to hear him talk  like that...  Well guys I will update again tmr after I hear from the lovely ladies that are watching our little babies...

No comments:

Post a Comment